Happy 2018!!! We hope the year is off to a good start for you. Statistics show only 8% of Americans are successful with their New Years resolutions. Here are 5 tips you can follow so you don't become part of this statistic:
1) Be Realistic: Select attainable goals which can be achieved within a reasonable time frame, as short term goals can equal long term results. Consider organizing your garage or doing some home improvement projects around the house. Take advantage of the cooler months to get these projects done.
2) Share your Resolutions with others: Informing your family members or close friends about your goals will help you stay accountable.
3) Plan on Setbacks: Obsessing over an occasional change in your resolution plan will not help you achieve your goal. All you can do is try your bet, and take it one day at a time.
4) Stay Persistent: According to experts, it takes 21 days - 2 months for new habits to form. Remember it's a marathon, not a sprint. Be patient and do not give up.
5) Celebrate Victories: If you made strides towards your goals, reward yourself with a special treat just for you.