Make the Most of National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month, reminding us all to be prepared for natural disasters and emergencies. Whether you are new to Florida or a lifetime resident, we encourage you to take this opportunity to be proactive with your disaster plans. In observance of National Preparedness Month, here are some important emergency preparedness tips:
· Stock up on your hurricane supplies.
· Sign up for local and state emergency alerts.
· Create and practice emergency plans with your family.
· Be sure your homeowners insurance is up to date with the coverages you need. Contact your agent should you need to make any changes.
· Install and test the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
You never know when a disaster may strike, but you can certainly plan ahead allowing you and your family to remain calm during a disaster. Remember, September is also the statistical peak of hurricane season, so take action now. For more information on National Preparedness Month, visit ready.gov.
There are no comments yet.