The holidays bring a wide variety of opportunities to make long-lasting memories with family and friends. From lighting candles to trimming the tree, here are some ways to keep your home and family safe from these common holiday hazards:
- Inspect your string lights each year before hanging them up to ensure there are no frayed cords or cracked bulbs.
- Keep ornaments and breakable decorations out of reach of children and pets.
- Use caution when using a ladder.
2. Fire Dangers
- Keep lit menorahs and candles away from flammable items.
- Always blow out candles before going to bed or leaving your home.
- Avoid connecting more than one extension cord.
- Water your tree often to avoid a fire.
- Do not overload extension cords.
- Read warnings and instruction labels when choosing toys.
- Stay informed on toy recalls.
- Purchase non-toxic art and crafts materials.
- Avoid toys with small parts or detachable pieces, as they pose a choking hazard.
We hope you take these tips into consideration to ensure a safe and wonderful holiday season. For more information on holiday safety, click here.
There are no comments yet.