Sep 14, 2018
Make the Most of National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month, reminding us all to be prepared for natural disasters and emergencies. Whether you are new to Florida or a lifetime resident, we encourage you to take this opportunity to be proactive with your disaster plans. In observance of National Preparedness Month, here are some important emergency preparedness tips:
· Stock up on your hurricane supplies.
· Sign up for local and state emergency alerts.
· Create and practice emergency plans with your family.
· Be sure your homeowners insurance is up to date with the coverages you need. Contact your agent should you need to make any changes.
· Install and test the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
You never know when a disaster may strike, but you can certainly plan ahead allowing you and your family to remain calm during a disaster. Remember, September is also the statistical peak of hurricane season, so take action now. For more information on National Preparedness Month, visit ready.gov.
There are no comments yet.
Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM EST
questions [at] quoruminsurance [dot] com
Corporate Headquarters9927 Delaney Lake Dr.